Data used in this study came from NO's Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometers (AVHRR) onboard a series of polar-orbiting satellites and NASA's Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) instruments on the Terra and Aqua satellites.
What does MODIS stand for?
MODIS stands for Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (NASA/EOS instrument)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MODIS
We have 1 other meaning of MODIS in our Acronym Attic
- Mother of Divine Grace (California Catholic school)
- Modern Greek
- Modified Highway Program
- Microsoft Office Document Imaging
- Manufacturing Operations Development & Integration Laboratory
- Modular Microwave Instrument Landing System
- Langues les Moins Diffusées et les Moins Enseignées (French: Languages Less Widely Used and Less Taught)
- Mature Operator's Driver Improvement Program
- Market-Oriented Deposit Insurance Scheme
- Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer
- Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer-Nadir
- Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer - Tilt
- Model Driven Information Systems Engineering: Enterprise, User and System Models (workshop)
- Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer Nadir
- Methods and Tools for the Validation of OSEK/VDX - Based Distributed Architectures
- Microsoft Official Distance Learning (Microsoft Corp.)
- Migrant Occupations in Demand List (Australia)
- Migration Occupations in Demand (Australia immigration)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (Jefferson City, MO)
- Molecular Dynamics markup Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA's Aqua satellite observed the new iceberg calving and drifting downstream on July 16--17, 2012.
In this paper, we analyzed all Landsat 7 imagery with <50% cloud cover and data and products from the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) to quantify forest cover loss for Sumatra and Kalimantan from 2000 to 2005.
The project, called Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer ( MODIS), contributes to a validated, global, interactive earth system models that helps predict environmental and climate change.
Experimental Procedure Imagery We used the land surface temperature (LST) data products derived from the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) sensor on board the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Aqua satellite (34).