But Haskins, author of an evidence-based practice manual tailored to cognitive rehabilitation professionals, believes that even mild to moderate cognitive impairment seen in an addiction treatment client can pose a significant barrier in the course of treatment and recovery.
What does MOCI stand for?
MOCI stands for Moderate Cognitive Impairment (mental disability)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MOCI
We have 1 other meaning of MOCI in our Acronym Attic
- Meridional Overturning Circulation and Heatflux Array
- Museum of Contemporary Hispanic Art (1985-1991; New York, NY)
- Museum of Culinary History and Alimentation (UK)
- Make Our Customers Happy and Have a Good Time Doing It (business slogan)
- Mouvement Chrétien pour une Nouvelle Haiti (French: New Christian Movement for a New Haiti)
- Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs (Bangladesh)
- Managed Object Class Instance
- Maudsley Obsessive Compulsive Inventory
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Ministry of Culture and Information (Vietnam)
- Movimento per la Cooperazione Internazionale
- Museum of Contemporary Iranian Artists
- Mid-States Organized Crime Information Center
- Molecular Orbital Constraint of Interaction Coordinates
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (South Korea)
- Ministry of Communications & Information Technology
- My Own Cruising Journal (website)
- Movement of Concerned Kono Youth (firebrand group; Kono, Sierra Leone)
- Missouri Organization for Clinical Laboratory Science
- Masters of Classical Music (music compilation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
HONOLULU - Patients with moderate chronic kidney disease had a higher prevalence of moderate cognitive impairment than did patients receiving hemodialysis in a prospective pilot study conducted at two clinics.
Also, the school's moderate cognitive impairments students banded together to open an Apple account that would house funds for their end-of-year class party.
Solution: The Geriatric Depression Scale, developed by Stanford researchers in the late 1970s, is a far more reliable tool than the MDS, even for those with mild to moderate cognitive impairment, says Joel E.
Making Hard Choices: Respecting Both Voices is a project of Lynn Friss-Feinberg at the Family Caregiver Alliance in San Francisco and explores the decision-making process and perception of choice in service options for adults with mild to moderate cognitive impairment and their family caregivers.
Fiatarone: They were very typical nursing home residents, with the expected burden of osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, depression, a history of falls and hip fractures, and even moderate cognitive impairment.
The exam rated seven people as having profound cognitive impairment, 14 with severe cognitive impairment, and 33 within the criteria for moderate cognitive impairment.