Administration of cimetidine, a cytochrome P-450 inhibitor which inhibits the uptake of amatoxins by the mixed function oxidase system, and N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a glutathione precursor that binds amatoxin-related free radicals, have also been used in the treatment of amanitin intoxication.
What does MFO stand for?
MFO stands for Mixed Function Oxidase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MFO
We have 69 other meanings of MFO in our Acronym Attic
- Mazhar Fuat Özkan (band)
- Medical Flight Officer
- Medium Fuel Oil
- Melbourne Film Office (Australia)
- Men from Off (harmony group; UK)
- Michael Fassbender Online (fansite)
- Michigan Film Office (Lansing, MI)
- Microfinance Organization
- Military Family Outdoor (Sierra Club)
- Mission Field Outreach (ministry)
- Mr. Fixit Online (gamer site)
- Multi-Family Office
- Multi-Frequency - Originating (telephony)
- Multi-Function Oxidase (immunology)
- Multicast Fan-Out
- Multinational Force & Observers Medal
- Multinational Force and Observers (US DoD)
- Multiple Facility Organization
- Municipal Finance Officer (various locations)
- Must Finish On (project management)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Further, methoxychlor is a proestrogen that requires demethylation by liver microsomal mixed function oxidase in animals before eliciting estrogenic activity (Kupfer and Bulger 1987; Stresser and Kupfer 1998).