It is possible that by the time the meeting opens, the delegates will have before them the full report on the investigations which General Burns and the UN Mixed Armistice Commission have been carrying out during the past three days.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Mixed Armistice Commission
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Minnesota Annual Conference
- Minnesota Autosports Club (est. 1970)
- Mission Assignment Coordinator
- Mission Assurance Category
- Mississauga Arts Council
- Mississippi Association of Cooperatives
- Missouri Arts Council (St Louis, MO)
- Mitigation Assistance Clinic (US FEMA)
- Mitral Annular Calcification (echogardiography)
- MIUW Attack Craft
- Mobile Action Command (1970s Matchbox Division)
- Mobile Adult Content (conference)
- Mobile Air Conditioner
- Mobile Attack Cuisine (Fighting Foodons)
- Mobile Attenuation Code (cellular term)
- Mobility Augmentation Company
- Mobility Augmentation Company (US Army)
- Modal Assurance Criterion
- Model Aircraft Club (various locations)
- Model Articulation Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said that the Mixed Armistice Commission solemnly ruled that Israel violated the armistice by being the victim if an unprovoked assault which it resisted, but added that the Chairman attempted to condone Israeli answering fire as a technical violation".
The Mixed Armistice Commissions (MACs) that emanated from the General Armistice Agreements (GAAs) of 1949 were perhaps the only forum where it was possible for Arabs and Israelis to talk face-to-face.