Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association (MWUA) manager Joe Shumaker was quoted in the article saying that, prior to Katrina, the wind pool consisted of about 17,000 policies and climbed to about 46,000 as private insurers began to decline coastal wind coverage.
What does MWUA stand for?
MWUA stands for Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of MWUA in our Acronym Attic
- Movin With the Spirit (Catholic ministry)
- Missile Warning Teletype
- Maccabi World Union (Jewish organization)
- Man Work Unit (labor measurement)
- Mary Washington University (Fredericksburg, Virginia)
- Mazda Workers Union (vehicles)
- Mine Workers' Union (South Africa)
- Miniatures Wargaming Union (website)
- Multiword Unit
- Muslim WakeUp! (online magazine)
- Montreal West United Church (Canada)
- Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League
- Maximum Working Voltage
- MeadWestVaco Corp (stock symbol)
- Mine Warfare Vessel
- Mineralölwirtschaftsverband eV
- Mit Wirkung Vom (German: With Effect Of)
- MovieWorks File (file extension)
- Manly Warringah Volleyball Association (est. 1978; Australia)
- Mid West Veterinary Association (England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report also notes that Mississippi enacted legislation in 2007 to allow a one-time diversion of $80 million in federal and state funds to the Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association (MWUA), one of the state's two residual market plans, to boost the MWUA's reserves for windstorm damage claims and protect MWUA policyholders against rate increases.
THE MISSISSIPPI Windstorm Underwriting Association has $2.
The windstorm assessment from Mississippi was truly extraordinary and represented in excess of 50% of our actual losses incurred related to Katrina, an extremely high percentage which highlights the lack of adequate reinsurance maintained by the Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association.