As described by Rubin (1976), data may be missing completely at random (MCAR).
What does MCAR stand for?
MCAR stands for Missing Completely At Random
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCAR
We have 22 other meanings of MCAR in our Acronym Attic
- Minnesota County Attorney Practice System (software)
- Mission Control and Processing Subsystem
- Marine Captain (Star Trek)
- Maricopa County Air Quality Department
- Mendocino County Air Quality Management District (Ukiah, CA)
- Machine Check Analysis and Recording
- Malaysian Civil Aviation Regulation (Malaysia)
- Marine Corps Air Station
- Material Corrective Action Report (quality)
- Military Construction, Army Reserve
- Mobile Cosmetic Auto Repairs
- Model Civil Aviation Regulations
- Modified Car and Rally (automotive show)
- Multichannel Acoustic Relay
- Multiple Channel Aural Reception
- Marine Corps Aviation Reconnaissance Association
- Martin County Amateur Radio Association (Stuart, FL)
- McCurtain County Amateur Radio Club (Oklahoma)
- Mercer County Amateur Radio Club (Pennsylvania)
- Middlebury College Amateur Radio Club (Vermont)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on the terminology of Little and Rubin, three types of response mechanism are availabe: missing completely at random, missing at random, and nonignorable nonresponse.