Seoul's missile range is limited to 300km under the voluntary international arms-control pact Missile Technology Control Regime but the agreement with the US, to be announced in Seoul, would be for an 800km range, according to a US congressional aide.
What does MISRAN stand for?
MISRAN stands for Missile Range
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Maritime Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (Canada)
- Mars ISRU Sample Return
- Master Interrupt Service Routine
- Materiel Inspection and Shipping Report (NATO Maintenance and Supply Agency)
- Minimum Industrial Sustaining Role
- Mobile Intercept Resistant Radio
- Multiangle Imaging Spectro-Radiometer
- Multiple-Input Shift Register
- Multiple-Input Signature Register
- Motor Industry Software Reliability Association (UK)
- Management Information Systems Resource Center
- Minimally Invasive Surgery Research Center (Iran)
- Mission Report
- Moscow Izdatel Sovetskoe Radio Ionosfernye (Russian journal)
- Medical Information Security Readiness Team
- Make It Simple Stupid
- Man In Space Soonest (precursor to Project Mercury)
- Managed Internet Security Services
- Marion Information Sharing System (Florida)
- Mecklenburg Internet Service System (ISP)
Samples in periodicals archive:
South Korea and the United States have been in consultations over the missile range and Seoul is reportedly having a hard time persuading Washington to revise a voluntary agreement that limits the range and payload.
Another evaluation will include firing live AIM-120 advanced medium range air-to-air missiles at the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.
But if there is a problem, Discovery can land at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico or Edwards Air Force Base in California.
The missile took about 30 minutes to reach its target in the Kwajalein Missile Range in the western chain of the Marshall Islands.
The purpose of this system is to provide wide-band, over-the-horizon data communications between a missile firing ship and several land-based stations located at the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF), and the continental United States during future planned tests of the Aegis Leap Intercept (ALI) missile.