The autosomal dominant disorder is caused by a mutation in one of four DNA mismatch repair (MMR) genes: MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, or PMS2.
What does MMR stand for?
MMR stands for Mismatch Repair (DNA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMR
We have 226 other meanings of MMR in our Acronym Attic
- Merchant Marine Reserve
- Metamorphosis Medical Retreats (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Middle Mississippi River
- Mildly Mentally Retarded (mildly developmentally disabled is preferred)
- Military Munitions Rule
- Minimum Maintenance Road (various locations)
- Minimum Marginal Return
- Minimum Marketable Release (market testing)
- Minimum Military Requirement
- Minoan-Mycenaean Religion (Bronze Age, Greece)
- Mission Requirements Review
- Mixed Media Router
- Mobile Medical Response, Inc. (ambulance service provider)
- Mobile Meter Reading (of electricity meters)
- Mobile Mission Recognition
- Mobile Multi-Hop Relay
- Mobilization Material Requirement
- Moderated Multiple Regression
- Modified Modified Read
- Modular Mini Refinery (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
3) Prevalence of Constitutional Mismatch Repair Deficiency Syndrome (CMMRD) in Pediatric Saudi Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
HNPCC is associated with germ-line mutations in DNA mismatch repair (MMR) genes namely MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, and PMS2 (4-7).
34) Female carriers of the Lynch syndrome-associated mismatch repair gene mutation have a 42% to 71%(28,30-32,34) lifetime risk of developing endometrial cancer, which is significantly higher than the average lifetime risk of 3% for the general population in the United States.
This panel of differently expressed genes sometimes included genes involved in the control of major histocompatibility systems, in the production of drug-metabolizing enzymes, or of X-ray repair or mismatch repair genes (Cetta F.
5) MSI is associated with mutations in the DNA mismatch repair genes hMLH1 and hMSH2, and less frequently hMSH6 and PMS2, leading to the rapid development of neoplasms through the accumulation of mutations.
Exton, PA) has patented dominant-negative alleles of human mismatch repair genes can be used to generate hypermutable cells and organisms.