The quartet's second movement features an extensive fugue that obsessively emphasizes the interval of a minor second, its effect surprisingly mechanical: what is the point, Diamond seems to be asking, if the expressive end of music is only technical control?
What does m2 stand for?
m2 stands for Minor Second (music)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of m2
We have 20 other meanings of m2 in our Acronym Attic
- Model 1 Full Capacity
- Methionine to Threonine (genetics)
- Major Second (music)
- Marathon2 (Video Game)
- Mark Two Accelerator (video game system)
- Marketing Management
- Me Too
- Merchant Marine Reserve Coastal Defense (US Navy)
- Mother 2 (video game)
- Mullocan Cockatoo (bird species)
- Myth II: Soulblighter (game)
- Second-Year Medical Student
- Square Meter (with the two rendered as a superscript)
- M2 Form of Pyruvate Kinase
- Army 2-1/2 Ton Trailer
- Model 204 (DBMS of the early 1980s)
- Mobility for the 21st Century
- Magainin 2 Amide (biotechnology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In "Waltz," repeated minor seconds punctuate the flow of the graceful tune, suggesting that one partner keeps stepping on the other's foot
When you're working with a minor second as long as I've been, it's very wide.
For her a minor second is sour, a major second bitter, a minor third salty, a major third sweet and a minor sixth creamy.
but he would fumble on that piano & get these things out & made all the dissonant chords, & major seconds, & minor seconds.
A haunting, rather mournful melody, characterized by descending minor second intervals, glides through the second movement (Largo).