Astonishingly, the Welsh Government is supporting the dismantling of minor injuries units and as a consequence is increasing the pressures on its acute hospitals.
What does MIU stand for?
MIU stands for Minor Injuries Unit (hospitals)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIU
We have 53 other meanings of MIU in our Acronym Attic
- Memory Interface Unit (microprocessor architecture and memory interface)
- Men in Uniform
- Message Interface Unit
- Metallic Interface Unit (Hekimian)
- Meter Interface Unit
- Microwave Interface Unit
- Middle Income Unit
- Million International Units
- Minimally Invasive Urology (various locations)
- Minimum Investment Unit
- Misr International University (Cairo, Egypt)
- Missile Interface Unit
- Mobile Internet User
- Moisture, Insolubles, and. Unsaponifiables (grease rendering)
- Moisture, Insolubles, Unsaponifiables
- Molecular Imaging University (Siemens)
- Mongolian International University (Mongolia)
- Mother Infant Unit
- Multifunction Interface Unit
- Multistation Interface Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
More and more patients will be turning up at A&E in future because their local minor injuries unit has been closed.
EMERGENCY services at Dewsbury District Hospital could be scaled back to a minor injuries unit under plans to be discussed today.
Byline: JILLY BEATTIE MORE than 1,000 additional patients will be forced to seek treatment at A&E when a minor injuries unit cuts its opening hours.
He was taken to a minor injuries unit as a precaution.
If that's not soon enough, then choose a walk in centre or minor injuries unit where you don't need an appointment.
The town was promised a minor injuries unit for children following the decision to send young patients to Ormskirk for emergency care.
Denise Lewis-Knight, sister in charge of the minor injuries unit, said: "Often people think they've returned something, only to find they've forgotten and it's tucked away at the back of a cupboard.