Data collected since 1995 by the National Commotio Cordis Registry at the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (MHIF) show that 33 of 85 competitive athletes suffered fatal chest blow events despite wearing potentially protective equipment.
What does MHIF stand for?
MHIF stands for Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation (Minneapolis, MN)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHIF
- Michigan Health Insurance Company
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management
- Mississauga Halton Infection Control Network (Canada)
- Multi-Hazard Identification
- Major Hazardous Incident Data Service
- Mental Health Information Development Program (Australia)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Europe
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Environmental & Chemical Engineering (Japan)
- Mandatory Health Insurance Fund
- Master Header Information File (provides cost data for supply purposes)
- Montreal Heart Institute Foundation (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Men's Health Interest Group (various organizations)
- Metropolitan Housing Implementation Group (est. 1995; Minnesota)
- My Hand Is Good (poker)
- Mission Humanitaire Inter Grandes Ecoles (French: Inter-High School Humanitarian Mission)
- Marshall Holdings International, Inc. (pharmaceuticals; Las Vegas, NV)
- Mitchell Hutchins Institutional Investors (New York, NY)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries India Private Ltd.
- Max Healthcare Institute Limited (healthcare system; India)
- Manufactured Housing Institute of Maryland
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hauser, a cardiologist with the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation.
Maron, a cardiologist at the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation.
Maron of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation and his colleagues have found that most die from one of several heart abnormalities, only some of which have known genetic links.