A significant year for law enforcement reform was 1984, after the Minneapolis Domestic Violence Experiment indicated that arrest served as a deterrent for future abuse.
What does MDVE stand for?
MDVE stands for Minneapolis Domestic Violence Experiment (Minnesota)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Marek's Disease Virus Type 1
- Medical Digital Videos 1 (healthcare video production)
- Maryland Department of Veteran Affairs
- Mashie Design Visual Audio (hardware)
- Michigan Distributors & Vendors Association
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (St. Paul, MN)
- Medie Distanze Vestiboli Centrali (Italian railway)
- Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge
- Multiple Description Video Coding
- Multipoint Desktop Video Conferencing (computer system)
- Middlesbrough Domestic Violence Forum (UK)
- Multiple Disabilities and Visual Impairment
- Management Development Vice President (Junior Chamber International)
- Missouri Disability Vote Project (est. 2001)
- Multi-Dimensional Voice Program (software)
- Multi-Dose Vial Policy (vaccination)
- Michigan Domestic Violence Prevention and Treatment Board
- Multiple Description Vector Quantizer
- Missouri Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education)
- Mobile Digital Video Recorder
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sherman and Berk's (1984) Minneapolis Domestic Violence Experiment is the first study testing the effectiveness of police intervention strategies on domestic violence misdemeanor cases (Fagan, 1996).
Among the best studies in this area is the Minneapolis Domestic Violence Experiment research by L.