Lack of access to energy deprives millions of people of a basic minimum living standard.
What does MLS stand for?
MLS stands for Minimum Living Standard
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MLS
We have 344 other meanings of MLS in our Acronym Attic
- Microwave Landing System
- Microwave Leasing Services (tower services firm located in Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, North Carolina)
- Microwave Limb Sounder
- Microwave Scan Beam Landing System (NASA; space shuttle)
- Mid-Latitude Summer (meteorology)
- Mid-Line Shift
- Miles City, MT, USA - Miles City (airport code)
- Minimal Language Skills (clinical settings to describe clients who lack communication skills)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7) While official statistics indicate that the poor numbered less than 15 million in rural areas in 2007, the number of individuals receiving income allowance from the Di Bao programme (the minimum living standard guarantee scheme) approached 43 million.
The main thing we kept in mind is to make salaries not lower than minimum living standard.
They are being targeted in a new Liverpool council crackdown which introduces a licence guaranteeing that properties are safe and meet minimum living standards.
If you are still on low income, you would be entitled to receive income support to bump up your benefit to the minimum living standards.
Her "Living Units," modular collapsible trunks that unfold to accommodate basic living requirements like eating, sleeping, and bathing, recall the work of modern architects who were similarly obsessed with minimum living standards, mass production, and (in the case of Le Corbusier) Louis Vuitton trunks.
The minimum living standard for each household was the sum of a personal minimum (based on whether one was an adult or a child) and a household minimum (a function of the number of individuals living in a household).