A larger dose, if it is safe, could give a greater margin above a minimal effective dose, allowing the drug to work better, longer, and for more patients.
What does MED stand for?
MED stands for Minimal Effective Dose
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of MED
We have 157 other meanings of MED in our Acronym Attic
- Mediterranean Region
- Mediterranean Sea
- Message Element Dictionary
- Micro-Enterprise Development
- Microwave Evaporation and Drying
- Mid-continent Ecology Division (US EPA)
- Middle East Department (Interntational Monetary Fund)
- Middle Eastern Dance
- Middle English Dictionary
- Minimal Erythemal Dose
- Minimum Effective Dose
- Minimum Euclidean Distance
- Ministry of Economic Development
- Minority Enterprise Development
- Mise en Demeure (French legal term for registered letter demanding payment of a debt or other corrective measures)
- Mobile and Embedded Devices (Microsoft)
- Mobile Emergency Department
- Mobile Energy Depot
- Molecular Electronic Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
Olesen and associates at 16 clinical centers throughout Europe conducted a proof-of-concept study in 126 subjects to determine whether this agent was safe, tolerable, and effective against migraine, as well as to establish the minimal effective dose for future clinical trials (N.
016 mg/kg [IU/mL] per month) or placebo, steroid doses were reduced by a factor of 25% every 2 weeks to minimal effective doses.