The third, the Mini Mental State Examination, is commonly used by doctors to measure cognitive decline.
What does MMSE stand for?
MMSE stands for Mini Mental State Examination
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MMSE
We have 23 other meanings of MMSE in our Acronym Attic
- Mass Memory Storage Device
- Metric Mapping Support Data
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewage District
- Minerals and Mining Statistics Division (MMS Canada)
- Mining, Minerals and Sustainable Development (International Institute for Environment and Development)
- Ministry of Mines and Steel Development (Nigeria)
- Minnesota Minority Supplier Development Council
- Methylmalonate Semialdehyde Dehydrogenase
- Multifocal Motor and Sensory Demyelinating Neuropathy
- Master of Manufacturing Systems Engineering (degree)
- Mini-Mental Status Examination
- Minimum Mean Squared Error
- Multimedia Messaging Service Environment
- Multimission Support Equipment
- Multiuse Mission Support Equipment
- Minimum Mean Squared Error - Asymptotically Optimum
- Minimum Mean Squared Error - Block Linear Equalizer
- Minimum Mean Squared Error - Chip Equalizer
- Minimum Mean Squared Error Diversity Combining
- Minimum Mean Square Error Delayed Decision Feedback Sequence Detector
Samples in periodicals archive:
Compared with placebo, significant improvements were seen in the ALC group in various measures of mental and neuromuscular function, including Mini Mental State Examination, Trail Making Test, Symbol Digit Modalities Test, and Auditory Verbal Learning Test.
Their thinking ability was compared using a standard test called the Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE).
The current research supports that finding and shows the utility of screening patients with the Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE).
They also compared the FDDNP images with FDG-PET images of glucose metabolism and with Mini Mental State Examination results.
Patients who screened positive by phone were assessed at the medical center with the Beck Depression Inventory, the Beck Anxiety Inventory, spirometry, the Mini Mental State Examination, and the structured clinical interview for DSM-III-R (SCID).