Mines Action Canada recommends a number of changes to Canada's legislation to make it stronger, including: * Interoperability--Canada's current legislation should be changed to ensure that the convention's Article prohibition On assistance with prohibited acts is not overridden by Article 21 on "interoperability" with states not party to the Convention during joint military operations.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Mines Action Canada
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Military Aircraft Command
- Military Airlift Command (US Air Force)
- Military Armament Corporation (produced Mac 10&11 SMGs)
- Military Assistance Command
- Milk and Cookies
- Milwaukee Athletic Club (Milwaukee, WI)
- Mine Action Center
- Mine-Awareness Campaign
- Mineral Area College (Park Hills, MO)
- Mineralogical Association of Canada (Association Minéralogique du Canada)
- Minimal Antibiotic Concentration
- Minimum Alveolar Concentration (measure of potency for anesthetics)
- Minimum Annual Commitment
- Mining Association of Canada (l'Association Minière du Canada)
- Minister’s Approval Certificate (UK)
- Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives
- Minneola Alliance Church (Minneola, FL)
- Minnesota Annual Conference
- Minnesota Autosports Club (est. 1970)
- Mission Assignment Coordinator
Samples in periodicals archive:
PWS&D continues to work with others through this new coalition, and Mines Action Canada, the Canadian Council for International Co-operation, the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation, Partnership Africa Canada, Canadian Council for Refugees, Transfair Canada, Co-operation Canada Mozambique and the Inter-Agency Coalition on AIDS and Development.
Cluster Munition Monitor 2010, Cluster Munition Coalition, report supervised by editorial board from Mines Action Canada (lead agency), Action on Armed Violence, Handicap International, Human Rights Watch, and Norwegian People's Aid, ISBN: 978-0-9738955-6-8, 236 pages, available at www.
In January 2005, Mines Action Canada (MAC) assumed new responsibilities as the lead agency and global coordinator for the Landmine Monitor, a task previously undertaken by Human Rights Watch.
de, and Mines Action Canada continue to advocate for improved preventive measures and remedial responses to protect civilians in the aftermath of conflict.
The Landmine Monitor initiative is coordinated by a "Core Group" of five ICBL organizations: Human Rights Watch (the lead organization), Handicap International, Kenya Coalition Against Landmines, Mines Action Canada, and Norwegian People's Aid.
Landmine Monitor is the responsibility of a Core Group of ICBL members, including Mines Action Canada, to which Project Ploughshares belongs.
The Landmine Monitor initiative is coordinated by a Core Group of five ICBL organizations: Human Rights Watch, Handicap International Belgium, Kenya Coalition Against Landmines, Mines Action Canada (of which Project Ploughshares is a member), and Norwegian People's Aid.