LONDON, March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The underdevelopment of technologies dedicated to countering the threat of naval mine warfare in favour of other defence capabilities in recent years has created an urgent priority for navies around the world to close the gap before adversaries can exploit this diminished capability.
What does MIW stand for?
MIW stands for Mine Warfare
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MIW
We have 31 other meanings of MIW in our Acronym Attic
- Metropolitan Institute at Virginia Tech (Alexandria, VA)
- Metal Industria Val Vibrata (Italian automotive parts company)
- Make It Work
- Man in White (Family Guy episode)
- Marketing Information Warehouse
- Mechanical Impact Wrench
- Mediterranean Intermediate Water (oceanography)
- Men in White Painting Service Pty Ltd
- Mental Inquest Warrant
- Michigan in Washington (Michigan and Washington, DC)
- Minimum Income Widow/er (US DoD Survivor Benefit Plan)
- Misconduct Involving Weapons
- Mobile Information Worker
- Modernization Input Worksheet
- Most Influential Women (annual magazine)
- Motionless in White (band)
- Music Industry Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- Mine Warfare Rapid Assessment Capability (US Navy)
- Maine Injured Workers Association
- Marine and Inland Waters Administration (State Environmental Service; Ministry of Environment; Latvia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Meantime, participants in the special conference organized by the IRGC's Research and Self-sufficiency Jihad, studied the latest tactics for managing mine warfare, mine-planting and mine-sweeping tactics.
A2AD challenges highlighted the need to integrate and better understand the roles of strike, ballistic missile defense, mine warfare and joint command and control in gaining access to littoral space.
7) FOCUS ON CHINESE MINE WARFARE The mine warfare experiences of America and other nations are not lost on the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN).
HMS Atherstone arrived at Portsmouth Naval Base yesterday after serving in the Arabian Gulf helping to maintain security in the area and carrying out mine warfare training.
His new post as the commanding officer of HMS Ledbury will see him enter a new area in the navy's operations - mine warfare.
tells the history of mine warfare from the origins of the mine through the development of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines and the signing of the 1997 Ottawa Convention limiting the manufacture and use of antipersonnel mines.
Those funds are focused in 18 core areas that include counter IEDs [improvised explosive devices], anti-submarine warfare, battle space environments (particularly the ocean), expeditionary operations, force protection, sea and ground vehicles, marine life sciences, mine warfare and sensors, electronics and electronic warfare.