Since 1989, when the Soviets left, more than 4,000 people have been killed and 17,000 injured by mines, not including devices laid in the current conflict, according to an estimate by the UN's Mine Action Coordination Center of Afghanistan (MACCA).
What does MACC stand for?
MACC stands for Mine Action Coordination Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MACC
We have 214 other meanings of MACC in our Acronym Attic
- Mid America Conference of Clubs, Inc.
- Mid-America Commercialization Corporation
- Mid-American CIBER Consortium
- Mid-American Conference Championship (college sports)
- Mid-Atlantic Camaro Club
- Mid-Atlantic Coaster Club
- Midland Area Chamber of Commerce (Midland, MI)
- Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, Inc.
- Military Aid to Civil Community
- Military Airworthiness Certification Criteria (various countries)
- Moberly Area Community College (Missouri)
- Mobile Adult Content Congress (conference)
- Modification Airworthiness Certification Criteria (aviation)
- Modified Air Control Center
- Modified Airworthiness Certification Criteria (US FAA)
- Modular Air Control Center
- Modular Air Cooled Condenser
- Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce (Alabama)
- Morningside Area Community Council (Pennsylvania)
- Motorcyclists Against Childhood Cancer (Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Between 2002 and 2008, mine clearance in southern Lebanon was coordinated by the United Nations Mine Action Coordination Center of Southern Lebanon in partnership between the United Nations and the Lebanese Army.
Mine Action Coordination Center has 44 teams clearing the unexploded ordnance, but donors have failed to come up with a promised $4.
A total of 273 civilians and 57 deminers have since been killed or maimed by cluster bombs, the UN Mine Action Coordination Center has said.
UNIFIL said on Thursday they would not comment on the report, while sources at the UN Mine Action Coordination Center labeled it "untrue.
The US has made several modest contributions to the de-mining and ordnance removal being carried out by the Lebanese army and United Nations Mine Action Coordination Center in South Lebanon (MACC-SL).
Byline: Daily Star Staff Summary: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHRC) Antonio GuterresAa praised the "heroic" work of mine clearers before presenting this year's prestigious Nansen Refugee Award to staff and partners of the UN Mine Action Coordination Center (UNMACC) for their key role in enabling hundreds of thousands of displaced people to resume a normal life in South Lebanon.
For the past two years, as program manager of the UN Mine Action Coordination Center - South Lebanon (UNMACC-SL), he has been overseeing the clearance of tens of thousands of bomblets scattered over southern Lebanon by Israeli clusterbombs.