The ceremony was held in cooperation with the European Union, the United Nations Development Program, the Defense Ministry and the Lebanon Mine Action Center.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Mine Action Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Mikuni American Corporation (Northridge, CA)
- Mildura Arts Centre (Australia)
- Milestone Achievement Certificate (UK)
- Military Affairs Council
- Military Aircraft Command
- Military Airlift Command (US Air Force)
- Military Armament Corporation (produced Mac 10&11 SMGs)
- Military Assistance Command
- Milk and Cookies
- Milwaukee Athletic Club (Milwaukee, WI)
- Mine-Awareness Campaign
- Mineral Area College (Park Hills, MO)
- Mineralogical Association of Canada (Association Minéralogique du Canada)
- Mines Action Canada
- Minimal Antibiotic Concentration
- Minimum Alveolar Concentration (measure of potency for anesthetics)
- Minimum Annual Commitment
- Mining Association of Canada (l'Association Minière du Canada)
- Minister’s Approval Certificate (UK)
- Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since 1992, the government-owned Cambodian Mine Action Center and international organizations such as Hallo Trust and Mine Advisory Group have removed and destroyed more than 900,000 landmines, but it estimated that 650 million square meters of land remain mined.
General Mohammed Fehmi, Director of the Lebanese Mine Action Center said, "This initiative will not only contribute materially to resolving the problem of landmines, but it will also raise the awareness of the Lebanese public and show international donors that the Lebanese private sector is also doing its part in this important effort.
The staff and the animals of the Mine Detection Dog Unit of the Yemen Executive Mine Action Center were appointed to a hard mission at the end of 2009: to clear from land mines and explosive remnants of war in vast areas of the Hadramawt region.
The US has also supported the de-mining and artillery removal efforts carried out by the Lebanese Army and Lebanon Mine Action Center.
Byline: Pajhwok Report MACA hands over 17 sites of cleared land to 8 Communities Pajhwok Report - Sep 21, 2008 - 17:23 KABUL (PAN): To Commemorate the International Peace Day celebrations the Mine Action Center for Afghanistan (MACA) in partnership with the Department of Mine Clearance (DMC) officially handed over lands cleared of mines and Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) to the people of Bamyan.
JAHDS has committed to a 20- to 30-year plan for de-mining the Thailand-Cambodia border, collaborating with the Thailand Mine Action Center and the Chachai Foundation.