6 (1) Where, CR = corrosion rate, mils per year A = initial exposed area of coupon, square inches T = exposure time, days W = mass loss, grams Exposed time must be considered when interpreting corrosion coupon data.
What does MPY stand for?
MPY stands for Mils Per Year
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of MPY
We have 1 other meaning of MPY in our Acronym Attic
- Multiplexed IO
- Microsoft Project Exchange in Java
- Micro Power Xenon Light (car accessory; Philips)
- Marketplace eXtensible Markup Language
- Meat and Poultry Business to Business Data Standards Organization
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP (Microsoft)
- Mouse Pregnane X Receptor
- Magazine Photographer of the Year (award)
- Microsomal Protein Yield (physiology)
- Milli-inches Per Year
- Modern Postural Yoga
- Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club (Monterey, CA)
- Mount Pleasant Yacht Club (New Zealand)
- Murray Park Yacht Club (South Africa)
- Michael Peters Yacht Design (Sarasota, FL)
- Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra
- Mid Powys Youth Theatre (Powys, Wales)
- Manufacturing Plant Zone
- Medial Palisade Zone
- Ministrstvo za Promet in Zveze (Slovenian: Ministry of Transport and Communications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Corrosion rates in these areas may reach several hundred mils per year.
They yield a corrosion rate described in mils per year metal loss.