The result of that expedition was first and foremost what Lord described as a "half-ton of epic": scores of acoustically recorded and dictated performances deposited in the Milman Parry Collection of Oral Literature at Harvard University.
What does MPCOL stand for?
MPCOL stands for Milman Parry Collection of Oral Literature (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Machinery Plant Control and Monitoring System
- Manpower Position Control Number
- Marketing Planning Centre Nederland (Dutch: Dutch Marketing Planning Center; Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Medicinal Plants Conservation Network (est. 1993; Bangalore, India)
- Mississippi Physicians Care Network (est. 1994; Ridgeland, MS)
- Montana Private Capital Network
- Multiproduct Cournot-Nash Markup Solution (economics)
- Marine Pollution Control Officer
- Montana Power Company
- Most Probable Course of Action
- Minor Plant Center Orbit Database
- Multi-application Payment Chip Operating System
- Major Projects Common Process (oil industry)
- Maryland Primary Care Physicians LLC (Millersville, MD)
- Master of Preservation of Cultural Properties, Monuments and Sites (degree)
- Master Persona Control Program (Shadowrun)
- Miami Project to Cure Paralysis
- Modified Plant Clearance Program
- Multi-Point Control Protocol
- Multi-Point Control Protocol Data Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Parry and Lord returned from the former Yugoslavia in 1935 with a "half-ton of epic" on large aluminum disks and in notebooks, an invaluable and unmatched cache of oral epic that became the basis of the Milman Parry Collection of Oral Literature (MPCOL) at Harvard as well as the prima materia for the comparative development of the Oral Theory.