Qatar is currently investing considerable funds to shore up its water reserves, with recent news focusing on both its huge US $3 billion Facility D IWPP - a 60 million gallons per day facility - and its efforts to develop strategic water reserves to insulate the country against a potential water production shortage.
What does MGPD stand for?
MGPD stands for Million Gallons per Day
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MGPD
We have 3 other meanings of MGPD in our Acronym Attic
- Music Genome Project
- Mutuelle Générale de la Police (French: Mutual General of Police; insurance company)
- My Guilty Pleasure (blog slang)
- Macquarie Global Property Advisors
- Major Grade Point Average
- Maryland Grain Producers Association
- Mean Grade Point Average
- Merchant Grade Phosphoric Acid
- Myristyl Gamma Picolinium Chloride
- Miami Gardens Police Department (Miami Gardens, FL)
- Mitochondrial Glycerol Phosphate Dehydrogenase (biochemistry)
- Morton Grove Park District (Morton Grove, IL)
- Malawi-German Programme for Democracy and Decentralisation (intergovernmental program; est. 1996)
- Morgan Grenfell Private Equity Ltd. (London, UK)
- Multiprogram General Purpose Facilities
- Merry Green Promotions Group Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Minnesota Grown Promotion Group (agriculture)
- Ministerial Group on Public Health (UK)
- Medical Gas Professional Healthcare Organization, Inc.
- Mammary Gland Proteome Initiative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Siddiqi said, "With the commissioning of this plant, country's power output will reach 6,000 megawatts whereas desalinated water production capacity will go up from 260 million gallons per day to 323 million gallons per day.
EPA spokesperson Ian Michaels said the plant is rated at 170 million gallons per day and currently flows an average 162 million per day.
Kuwait is currently aiming to increase its desalinated water capacity from 490 million gallons per day to 700 million gallons per day within five years.