The network enables a wide range of private communications services including wide area LANs, hosted thin-client server applications, storage area networking, and IP streaming of broadcast TV content, as well as Internet access at speeds starting at 100 million bits per second.
What does Mb/s stand for?
Mb/s stands for Million Bits per Second (aka Megabits per Second)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Mb/s
We have 344 other meanings of Mb/s in our Acronym Attic
- Multistage Bayesian Multi-User Detection
- Multi-Band Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
- Multi-Band Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing Ultra Wideband
- Many-Body Symmetry-Adapted Perturbation Theory
- Model-Based User Interface Development Environment
- Multi-Band Ultra-Wideband
- Millions of Barrels per Day
- Willys-Overland or Ford 1/4-ton 4x4 truck (WWII Jeep)
- Megabits per Second
- Megabytes per Second
- Menezo's B2 medium (In vitro fertilization)
- Matchbox 20 (band)
- Mentoring Brother 2 Brother, Inc. (Cedar Hill, TX)
- Multiple 5 Bounds
- Mabelle B. Avery Middle School (Connecticut)
- MacBook Air (Apple notebook computer)
- Macroblock Address
- Main Battle Area
- Main-Belt Asteroid (astronomy)
- Maintenance Group Blocking Acknowledgement
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data transfer rates reached 214 million bits per second, another record, the company says.
To compete, the cable TV companies will offer modems to attach to their coaxial cable, providing up to 30 million bits per second downstream into our computers, and about 400,000 bits per second upstream from our computers, also adequate bandwidth for bi-directional video and audio teleconferencing.
An ATM switch can handle data, graphics, voice and video at the same time, at line speeds from 45 million bits per second to 600 million bits per second.