The risk of brain tumours rose threefold after an absorbed dose to the head of 50 to 60 milligray - a unit of absorbed radiation.
What does mGY stand for?
mGY stands for Milligray (radiation measure)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of mGY
We have 1 other meaning of mGY in our Acronym Attic
- Maturity Guarantees Working Party
- Midland Great Western Railway (Ireland)
- Modular Guided Weapon System
- Mario Golf: World Tour (game)
- Microsoft Global Exchange (employee conference)
- Mobile Generation X Pte. Ltd. (est. 2006)
- Montenegro Airlines, Yugoslavia (ICAO code)
- Media Gear XtraDrive Secure (trademark of Mediagear, Inc.)
- Maximum Graded Exercise Test
- [not an acronym] (RMS Titanic radio call sign)
- Million Gallons per Year
- Modulated Grating Y-Branch (laser)
- Montgomery Field, Dayton, Ohio (Airport Code)
- Master Gunnery Sergeant
- Martin's Got You Covered (electronics retailer; Portland, OR)
- Make Good Your Escape (band)
- Muslim Girls Youth Group (Islamic Association of Long Island; New York)
- Middle Georgia Youth Ministries
- My God You're Obsessed
- Mike Golding Yacht Racing
Samples in periodicals archive:
The milligray, on the other hand, is the unit of absorbed dose, or energy deposited in a tissue, and is related to biological effects.
1) For radiation such as x-rays and gamma rays, a mSv is the same as a milligray (mGy).
Radiation doses are commonly described in millisieverts [mSv] or milligrays [mGy], both measures of the energy absorbed by body tissues.
4 milligray during pregnancy than were women who delivered normal-birth-weight babies.
4 milligrays (mGy) from dental X-rays was associated with a 2.
He calculated that any women under 20 who has 10 mammograms of 4 milligrays increase their chances of cancer by a factor of 2.