The water was exceeding the state's old standards of 142 milligrams per liter for dissolved solids, 15 milligrams per liter for chlorides and 20 milligrams per liter for sulfates.
What does mg/L stand for?
mg/L stands for Milligrams Per Liter
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 77 other meanings of mg/L in our Acronym Attic
- Multiple Gaussian-Floating Spherical Gaussian Orbital Method
- Motor Generator - Motor Alternator
- Milligram-Minute Per Cubic Meter
- Multi-Granular Optical Cross-Connect
- Multi-Granularity Optical Cross-Connect
- Milligrams per Deciliter
- Milligrams per Dry Standard Cubic Meter
- Milligrams Per Kilogram
- Milligram per Kilogram per Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 milligrams per liter and for mineral water it is under 2 milligrams per liter.
In a study of people who were taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, those whose levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) fell below 2 milligrams per liter of blood (mg/L) had a 28 percent lower risk of a heart attack or death from heart disease than those whose CRP levels stayed at 2 mg/L or higher.
In the TCLE lead concentrations above 5 milligrams per liter are considered hazardous.
Japan's second largest all-round electric machinery maker, totaled 470 milligrams per liter.