US experts detected concentrations of lead ranging from six to 12 milligrams per kilogram in rice from several sources.
What does mg/kg stand for?
mg/kg stands for Milligrams Per Kilogram
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Major General (Promotable)
- Merge - Exchange
- Multiple Gaussian-Floating Spherical Gaussian Orbital Method
- Motor Generator - Motor Alternator
- Milligram-Minute Per Cubic Meter
- Multi-Granular Optical Cross-Connect
- Multi-Granularity Optical Cross-Connect
- Milligrams per Deciliter
- Milligrams per Dry Standard Cubic Meter
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tissue damage caused by TBI was significantly reduced in rats taking the highest dose of DHA: 40 milligrams per kilogram of body weight.
334) turned up BPA in "sizable quantities--up to 45 milligrams per kilogram of paper--in two of three brands of recycled bathroom tissue tested.
Symptoms of iron toxicity (the kind of poisoning you sometimes hear about when children swallow a bottle of iron pills) occurs with a dose of between 20 and 60 milligrams per kilogram body weight or approximately 9 to 27 milligrams per pound.
The carcinogenic effects were evident at daily doses as low as 400 parts per million, equivalent to an assumed daily human intake of 20 milligrams per kilogram body weight (mg/kg).
According to the Canadian government, the regulations introduce controls on sulfur in non-road diesel fuel from the current unregulated level to a 500 milligrams per kilogram (mg/kg) limit in 2007 and a 15 mg/kg limit starting in 2010.