In fact, the corrosion rate, measured in milli-inches per year (mpy), of bare steel was reduced more than one order of magnitude by applying this coating.
What does MPY stand for?
MPY stands for Milli-inches Per Year
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPY
We have 1 other meaning of MPY in our Acronym Attic
- Multiplexed IO
- Microsoft Project Exchange in Java
- Micro Power Xenon Light (car accessory; Philips)
- Marketplace eXtensible Markup Language
- Meat and Poultry Business to Business Data Standards Organization
- Windows Media Player for Windows XP (Microsoft)
- Mouse Pregnane X Receptor
- Magazine Photographer of the Year (award)
- Microsomal Protein Yield (physiology)
- Mils Per Year
- Modern Postural Yoga
- Monterey Peninsula Yacht Club (Monterey, CA)
- Mount Pleasant Yacht Club (New Zealand)
- Murray Park Yacht Club (South Africa)
- Michael Peters Yacht Design (Sarasota, FL)
- Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra
- Mid Powys Youth Theatre (Powys, Wales)
- Manufacturing Plant Zone
- Medial Palisade Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 milli-inches per year, an indication of the corrosion's growth, or penetration, rate.