Possible armed infiltrations, gaps in regional security coordination and resource shortages for effective border controls expose military observers to risk," UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a report to the 15-nation Security Council, Reuters reported.
What does MILOB stand for?
MILOB stands for Military Observer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Military Network
- Manual In-Line Neck Stabilization
- Militärischen Nachrichtenwesen
- Magnetically Insulated Line Oscillator
- Maryland Interlibrary Loan Organization (Baltimore, MD)
- Masarap Ito Lasang Ovaltine
- McMaster Industry Liaison Office (McMaster University; Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Military Intelligence Liaison Officer
- Mine Locomotive (electric underground mine)
- Mini Loader
- Military Oceanography
- Mineral Information Layer for Oregon by County (database)
- Mindestlohngesetz (German: Minimum Wage Act)
- Marine Integrated Logistics System
- Military Operation
- Mid-Latitude Ecosystems as Sources and Sinks for Atmospheric Oxidants
- Minor Leage Paintball (league)
- Mitogen-Induced Lymphocyte Proliferation
- Mixed Integer Linear Problem (mathematics)
- Mixed-Integer Linear Programming
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this regard a rally would be commenced from Old Secretariat Muzaffarabad which would be culminated at the office of United Nation Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP), where PM AJK Chaudhary Abdul Majeed would present a resolution to the officials of UNO against Indian aggression.
The United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) on Thursday made the plea even as it received a complaint from Pakistan which claimed that Indian troops had allegedly crossed the Line of Control(LoC) and "raided" a border post on January 6.
Almost 300 UN unarmed military observers have been in Syria since April, monitoring a ceasefire that has never taken hold.
said there were about 9,400 peacekeeping troops, 200 military observers and 1,350 international police in the mission along with civilian staff.
A group of UN military observers who stayed overnight in the Syrian town of Khan Cheikhoun, following a bomb blast Wednesday that damaged some of their vehicles, have returned to their team site, a UN spokesperson has said.
Two citizens of Kyrgyzstan serve as civilian police officers, the rest as military observers.
spokesman Hassan Seklawi said 211 military observers as well as 66 civilian U.