The entire area is now a military exclusion zone, all other security forces and police had to leave the area.
What does MEZ stand for?
MEZ stands for Military Exclusion Zone
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MEZ
We have 5 other meanings of MEZ in our Acronym Attic
- Malt Extract-Yeast Extract
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Employment (Malta)
- Middle East Youth For Peace
- Middle East Youth Initiative
- Monroe Episcopal Youth Organization (circa 1960s-70s Monroe, LA)
- Member of European Youth Parliament
- Municipal Early Years Planning (Victoria, Australia; local strategic development)
- Minister of Education, Youth and Sports
- Maryland Enterprise Zone (commercial area)
- Mezzanine (theatre)
- Ministerie van Economische Zaken (Dutch: Ministry of Economic Cases)
- Missile Engagement Zone
- Mitteleuropäische Zeit (GMT+0100)
- Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health (University of Arizona)
- Midden Europese Zomer Tijd (Dutch: Central European Summer Time)
- Machine Finished
- Macroeconomic Forecasting
- Magic Find (Diablo II game)
- Magic Find (gaming)
- Magnetic Flux (physics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At 16 plus, having negotiated a peace treaty with their parents which involves treating their bedrooms as a military exclusion zone, their sleep patterns are completely skew-whiff.
At 16-plus, having negotiated a peace treaty with their parents which involves treating their bedrooms as a military exclusion zone, they have sleep patterns which are completely skew-whiff.
According to a joint communique issued at the close of their meeting, they also agreed to establish a military exclusion zone in the Caribbean Sea and to ensure the security of fishermen and communities in the border area, among other measures.
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2002 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD A KLM Royal Dutch Airlines aircraft was reportedly directed to fly into a military exclusion zone by air traffic controllers at the Swanwick control centre, Hampshire, UK.
Britain declares a 200-mile military exclusion zone around the Falklands and sends a taskforce.