Chapter 6, "The One Percent Solution," by Barton Whaley, addresses military deception, using quantitative data from several conflicts to assess the costs and benefits of different actions.
What does MILDEC stand for?
MILDEC stands for Military Deception
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Military Construction
- Military Commercial off the Shelf
- Military Aircraft
- Milk Income Loss Contract Extension
- Michigan Institute of Laundering and Drycleaning (Lansing, MI)
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (medical procedure)
- Miscellaneous Interstitial Lung Disease (non-characterized lung disease)
- Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams
- Multiple Increase, Linear Decrease Algorithm
- Military Damage Assessment Team
- Military Department
- Military Deputy
- Military Department
- Mothers-in-Law Do Everything Wrong
- Mars Immunoassay Life Detection Instrument (NASA Astrobiology Institute propsosal)
- Mission Interministérielle de Lutte contre la Drogue et la Toxicomanie (French: Interministerial Mission for the Fight against Drugs and Drug Addiction)
- Master of International Law and Economics (World Trade Institute; graduate degree)
- Medication Information Line for the Elderly
- Metadata Image Library Exploitation
- Metropolitan Institute for Leadership in Education (University Park, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4, Military Deception JP 3-15, Barriers, Obstacles, and Mine Warfare for Joint Operations JP 3-15.
The 62-year-old, from Earl Shilton, near Hinckley, admitted military deception and was sentenced to 60 hours' community service, but the conviction was later quashed on a technicality when it turned out the law was out of date.
27) While not mentioned as a supporting capability of Strategic Communication (SC), the role of Military Deception (MILDEC) should also be understood in relation to PA and SC.
Day pleaded guilty to a charge of military deception last month, but his conviction has been dropped because the act he was charged under was changed 11 days before the march.
But the dad, who admitted military deception, told Maxine he had lost his "original" medals and she innocently bought replacements.
This article will demonstrate that the Anglo-American TORCH effort was a hallmark of effective combined operational planning and execution--facilitated by military deception informed by proven intelligence.