Military Airlift Command Historical Office, Anything, Anywhere, Anytime: An Illustrated History of the Military Airlift Command, 1941-1991 (Scott AFB, IL: Military Airlift Command, May 1991), 77.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Military Airlift Command (US Air Force)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Midwest Adoption Center (Des Plaines, IL)
- Midwest Airlines Center (now Frontier Airlines Center; Milwaukee, WI)
- Midwest Archives Conference
- Midwest CHP Application Center
- Migration Authorisation Code (UK DSL)
- Mikuni American Corporation (Northridge, CA)
- Mildura Arts Centre (Australia)
- Milestone Achievement Certificate (UK)
- Military Affairs Council
- Military Aircraft Command
- Military Armament Corporation (produced Mac 10&11 SMGs)
- Military Assistance Command
- Milk and Cookies
- Milwaukee Athletic Club (Milwaukee, WI)
- Mine Action Center
- Mine-Awareness Campaign
- Mineral Area College (Park Hills, MO)
- Mineralogical Association of Canada (Association Minéralogique du Canada)
- Mines Action Canada
- Minimal Antibiotic Concentration
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tunner retired as a lieutenant general in 1960 as Commander, Military Air Transport Service, predecessor of Military Airlift Command and Air Mobility Command.
On 1 October 1988, MTMC, along with the Military Sealift Command (MSC) and the Military Airlift Command, officially became a component of the United States Transportation Command (TRANSCOM).
9, 1983 After terrorists attack a Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Lebanon, Military Airlift Command and Air Force Reserve forces transported 239 dead and 95 wounded Americans to the United States and European hospitals for care and burial.
The squadron conducted air logistics support missions around the clock as part of the Air Force's Military Airlift Command.
Specifically, there was a recommendation to consolidate all airlift inside MATS and rename the command Military Airlift Command (MAC), making it a specified command.
At the same time, not everyone in the Military Airlift Command shared Carney's enthusiasm for special operations.