Some of these defector molecules, migration inhibition factor (MIF) a lymphokine, inhibit the migration of macrophages in the same culture medium .
What does MIF stand for?
MIF stands for Migration Inhibition Factor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIF
We have 183 other meanings of MIF in our Acronym Attic
- Matsumae International Foundation (Japan)
- Medical Imaging Forum (Japan)
- Melanoma International Foundation (est. 2003)
- Membership Information Form
- Memory Initialization File
- Men in Field
- Method Inheritance Factor (software)
- Micro-Immunofluorescence (chlamydia)
- Micrometeoroid Induced Failure (US NASA)
- Migration Impacts Forum (UK)
- Milk in First (British)
- Milk Industry Foundation (International Dairy Foods Association)
- Miners' International Federation (Belgium)
- Misreported Information Factor (insurance)
- Missile In Flight
- Mission Index Flying (US Air Force)
- Mobile Instrumentation Facility
- Module Integration Facility
- Module Interconnection Facility
- Mortgage Insurance Fund (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When Mimivirus was used as an antigen in a migration inhibition factor assay, sero-conversion was found in patients with both community- and hospital-acquired pneumonia.