EXPERT ANALYSIS FROM THE EUROPEAN HEADACHE AND MIGRAINE TRUST INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS LONDON--The recent discovery of the first four genetic susceptibility loci for migraine without aura has zero clinical relevance today for migraine patients or their physicians, according to experts on migraine genetics.
What does MWOA stand for?
MWOA stands for Migraine Without Aura
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MWOA
We have 3 other meanings of MWOA in our Acronym Attic
- Missile Warning Officer
- Modification Work Order
- Moshing World Order (music promotional service in Toledo, Ohio)
- Mount Washington Observatory (New Hampshire)
- Movement Warning Order (US DoD)
- Multi Wave Oscillator
- Multiple Weighted Objective
- Mystic World Online (gaming)
- Maximal Work Output During 10 Seconds
- Men and Women of Action (various locations)
- Mount Wilson Observatory Association
- Mount Wilson Observatory Annual Report
- Minority Women Owned Business Enterprise
- Married without Children
- Military World Orienteering Championships
- Millicent Work Option Centre (Millicent, South Australia)
- Missile Warning Operations Center (ballistic missile defense)
- Members Without Dependants
- Multiple Words of the Day (military aviation radio frequency jumping system)
- Masanafu Women in Development Agency (Uganda)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Of the 145,304 women who used the contraceptives, 2,691 had migraine with aura and 3,437 had migraine without aura.
Experts led by a team from Harvard Medical School in the US said there was no evidence of an increased risk of stroke among people having migraine without aura.
Experts from the Harvard Medical School said there was no evidence of an increased risk among people having migraine without aura.
A total of 12% (6% of the men and 17% of the women) had migraine at midlife, including approximately 5% who had migraine without aura and approximately 8% who had migraine with aura.
The most common types of migraine fall into two categories, migraine with aura and migraine without aura.
The most common type of migraine is with aura (classic migraine) and migraine without aura (common migraine).