Jellinek (Vienna, 1876), 3: 44; Yalqut Shime oni, on Shemot, 1: 173; Midrash ha-gadol shemot, ed.
What does MHG stand for?
MHG stands for Midrash Ha-Gadol (Jewish rabbinic interpretations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHG
We have 32 other meanings of MHG in our Acronym Attic
- Major Histocompatibility Group
- Mannheim, BW, Germany - Mannheim Airport (IATA airport code)
- Marine Hydroelectric Generator
- Mark Humes Gallery (Fort Meyers, FL)
- MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) Headquarters Group
- Merrimack Health Group (Marblehead, MA)
- Metal Head Gasket
- Meteorological Hydrogen Generator
- Metro Heart Group (St. Louis, MO)
- Middle High German
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Midrash Ha-Gadol similarly extends this list to include others who saw and reacted with a meritorious deed.
Both traditions of Genesis Rabbah and Midrash ha-Gadol are noted by Nahmanides at the end of the introduction to his commentary on Job: see Kitvei Rabbenu Moshe ben Nahman, vol.
The legend about Isaac being taken to the Garden of Eden comes from the Midrash Ha-Gadol to Genesis 22:19, not the Talmud.
Legends about the birth of Moses are found in the Babylonian Talmud and the later Midrashic collections, including Exodus Rabbah, Midrash ha-Gadol, Yalkut Shimoni, and Sefer ha-Yashar.