The Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art took 943 days, 400 tonnes of steel, 1,000sq m of glass and the drive and determination of many come to fruition.
What does MIMA stand for?
MIMA stands for Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MIMA
We have 20 other meanings of MIMA in our Acronym Attic
- Music in Monkstown (Monkstown, Dublin, Ireland)
- Music in the Mountains (various locations)
- Music Industry Manual (est. 1966)
- Musical Instrument Museum (various locations)
- Maryland International Marketing Associates (Cockeysville, MD)
- Mechanically Interlocked Molecular Architecture
- Melbourne Internal Medical Associates (Florida PPO)
- Member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (UK)
- Member of the Institute of Money Advisers
- Metal Injection Molding Association
- Midtown Manhattan (New York)
- Minute Man National Historic Park (US National Park Service)
- Measurement and Improvement of Manufacturing Capacity Project
- Military Industrial Media Academic Complex
- Moving Image Media Access Centre (Fife, UK)
- Microwave International Media Art Festival (Hong Kong)
- Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana (mnemonic to aid geographical location)
- Micro Impacts of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies (Angelo King Institute for Economic and Business Studies)
- Multiple-Input Maximum A-Posteriori (wave-function)
- Micro Impacts of Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies-Philippines-Project Management Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
FOR the fourth year running, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art - Mima - stands to gain in a pounds 75,000 scheme run by The Art Fund and the Crafts Council.
2m Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art (MIMA), a classy, prestigious building in the town's Centre Square, which has attracted plenty of national attention.
This year the MBA at Teesside celebrates 21 years and to mark the occasion, a champagne reception will be held by the University at mima, Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, from 6pm-8pm on Thursday June 11.
Several events are also planned for this year, including a beach spectacular based on The Italian Job film and a town centre arts fair to be run with Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art in August.
THE Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art - or mima to its many friends - has appointed a new director.
It has so much to offer, such as the cultural Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art, the Dorman Museum and being the birthplace of the world-famous explorer Captain James Cook.