He gave each character an identity that enabled the audience to follow a piece written in Latin, Middle High German and Old French.
What does MHG stand for?
MHG stands for Middle High German
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MHG
We have 32 other meanings of MHG in our Acronym Attic
- My Heart for Worship
- Major Histocompatibility Group
- Mannheim, BW, Germany - Mannheim Airport (IATA airport code)
- Marine Hydroelectric Generator
- Mark Humes Gallery (Fort Meyers, FL)
- MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) Headquarters Group
- Merrimack Health Group (Marblehead, MA)
- Metal Head Gasket
- Meteorological Hydrogen Generator
- Metro Heart Group (St. Louis, MO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After analyzing relevant data, Kambarov applies his proposed approach to earlier periods of the German language, including Old high German, Middle High German and Early New High German.
``Weapon,''for instance,can be traced back to the Old Norse ``vepn'' and Middle High German ``wafen''.
Weapon' for instance can be traced back to the Old Norse vepn and Middle High German wafen.
While some of the Latin passages and all the Old Provencal ones are translated into German, the texts in Old French, Middle High German, and early modern German are not translated, excluding the generalist audience that would otherwise be well served by the synthetic character of the book.
Indeed, the fish's Middle High German name Bars also means something like "the spiny one" because of its prickly fins and gills.
The section of Middle High German (chapters 88-98) is now expanded by an informative account by Wegera (pp.