Speaking about the auction, Elif Bayoglu, deputy director of Sotheby's Middle East Department, said, "Our last sale, Hurouf: The Art of the Word, was of a certain concept with a particular focus on calligraphy because Hurouf means letters.
What does MED stand for?
MED stands for Middle East Department (Interntational Monetary Fund)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MED
We have 157 other meanings of MED in our Acronym Attic
- Medical Electronics and Device Technology Center (Taiwan, ROC; part of Industrial Technology Research Institute)
- Medical Payments
- Medinah, Saudi Arabia - Madinah-Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz (Airport Code)
- Mediterranean Region
- Mediterranean Sea
- Message Element Dictionary
- Micro-Enterprise Development
- Microwave Evaporation and Drying
- Mid-continent Ecology Division (US EPA)
- Middle Eastern Dance
- Middle English Dictionary
- Minimal Effective Dose
- Minimal Erythemal Dose
- Minimum Effective Dose
- Minimum Euclidean Distance
- Ministry of Economic Development
- Minority Enterprise Development
- Mise en Demeure (French legal term for registered letter demanding payment of a debt or other corrective measures)
- Mobile and Embedded Devices (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Egyptian media reported that Amira Dotan was heading the delegation as the head of the Middle East department for the Israeli ministry.
and EU sanctions have meant more economic hardships for 2012 and 2013," said Garbis Iradian, deputy director of the IIF's Africa and Middle East department.
The Russian side comprised Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chairman of the Middle East Department, Senior Advisers at the Ministry for Arab and Iraqi affairs, and the Russian Ambassador in Baghdad.
Riyadh, Dhu-AlQa'dah 22, 1433, Oct 8, 2012, SPA -- The Senior Vice President of the Associated Press (AP) Daisy Veerasingham and the Director of AP Middle East Department Qasim Mohammed Hassan visited today the Saudi Television where they met with the Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Information for Television Affairs Dr.
Iranian Official Affirms that All the Iranians Abducted in Syria are Alive Director of the Middle East Department at the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Mojtaba Ferdoussipour, affirmed that all the Iranian hostages abducted in Syria are alive, and that Tehran is working to release them.
9 per cent last year," said Garbis Iradian, IIF Deputy Director for Africa and Middle East Department.