31, 2003 to elect not to apply the mid-quarter convention to property placed in service in the tax year that included 2001, if the third or fourth quarter of the taxpayer's tax year included Sept.
What does MQ stand for?
MQ stands for Mid-Quarter
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MQ
We have 5 other meanings of MQ in our Acronym Attic
- MagiQuest (video game)
- Manliness Quotient
- Martinique (ISO country code, top level domain)
- Master Quest (Zelda game)
- Maturity Questionnaire
- Maturity Quotient (psychology)
- Mech Quest (online game)
- Medical Questionnaire
- Message Queueing
- Midway Islands
- Military Parcel Post (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Mines and Quarries (United Kingdom)
- Minimum Qualifications
- Modified Quantization
- Modularization Quality (software)
- MonsterQuest (TV show)
- Moral Quotient
- Mortgage Quote
- Museumsquartier (French: Museum Quarter, Centre for the Arts in Vienna, Austria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A general asset account is to include assets placed in service in the same tax year that have the same class, depreciation method, recovery period and first-year convention (that is, either half-year or mid-quarter convention).
In two recent notices, the IRS announced its intention to issue regulations permitting certain taxpayers to elect not to use mid-quarter convention depreciation rules.