A fundamental tenet underlying the cross-party campaign for a Yes vote was that Wales deserved better than a Mid Glamorgan County Council on stilts, with the implication of a permanent Labour majority.
What does MGCC stand for?
MGCC stands for Mid Glamorgan County Council (former administrative region of south Wales, UK)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MGCC
We have 6 other meanings of MGCC in our Acronym Attic
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Advertising Federation
- Meat Grading and Certification Branch (USDA)
- Michigan Gaming Control Board
- Middle Georgia Concert Band
- Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology
- Moto Guzzi Club Belgium
- Macalester-Groveland Community Council (St. Paul, MN)
- Malaysian-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Manitoba Gaming Control Commission (Canada)
- MG Car Club (UK)
- Modélisation Globale et Changements Climatiques (French: Modeling and Global Climate Change; research team; est. 2004)
- Mymensingh Girl's Cadet College
- MG Car Club Antwerp (Antwerp, Belgium)
- MG Car Club Belgium (Belgium)
- Middle Georgia Clean Cities Coalition (est. 1996)
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
- MG Car Club d'Italia (French: MG Car Club of Italy; Italy)
- Maximum Gapless Coverage Distance
- Multi-Generational Civic Engagement (Administration on Aging)
- Multifocal Giant Cell Encephalitis
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mid Glamorgan County Council building inspector has looked at the plaster and timber partition in the sixth form common room, and said it must come down because "It isn't up to Mid Glamorgan building standards".
But the chairman of Rhondda Labour Party, who was director of education in the old Mid Glamorgan County Council, said that most English-medium secondary schools in Wales are "far from bilingual".
He said: "We had marches, demonstrations in front of the old Welsh Office and even occupied the office of Phil Squire, who was leader of Mid Glamorgan County Council at the time.
Mid Glamorgan County Council leader Coun Philip Squire warned that jobs would be lost forever and school-leavers would find it even harder to get work if the pit shut.
I was expelled from the Labour group in the former Mid Glamorgan County Council because of my campaign to establish a new Welsh school in the former Caerphilly Girls' Grammar School and for my support for the new Ysgol Cymru Rhymney School at Fleur de Lys.
Ken Hopkins, a former head teacher and director of education at the old Mid Glamorgan County Council, says the Welsh language will only survive if schoolchildren in English-medium schools get high-quality tuition in it.
It was previously owned by Mid Glamorgan county council but responsibility split in four at the 1996 local government reorganisation.