Following a historical overview of radiative transfer and microwave radiometry, the book covers atmospheric, terrestrial, and technical factors affecting the use of thermal microwave radiation in remote sensing applications, with chapters on the absorption and emission spectra of atmospheric gases, the interaction of solid and liquid hydrometeors with microwave radiation, radiative-transfer modeling of the microwave surface emission, and dielectric properties of important materials found at the terrestrial surface.
What does MICRAD stand for?
MICRAD stands for Microwave Radiometry
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MICRAD
- Maximum Individual Cancer Risk (air quality management measure)
- Member of the Institute of Clinical Research (European professional academic institute)
- Minimally Interrupted Cardiac Resuscitation
- Minimum Internal Control Requirements (various companies)
- Management in Construction Researchers Association
- Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act of 1975
- Microfinance Innovation Center for Resources and Alternatives (Indonesia)
- Mississippi Interstate Cooperative Resource Association
- Microwave Radiometric Reconnaissance System
- Microstructure Evolution Simulation Software (software package)
- Maryland Industrial and Commercial Redevelopment Fund
- Micro Industry Credit Rural Organization
- Mile High Computer Resource Organization
- Submarine Passive Ranging Sonar
- 10 to the -6 Power
- Small (Prefix)
- Micro-Medical Inventory Control System (US DoD)
- Micro-Shipboard Non-Tactical Automated Data Processing System (US DoD)