Long-term ozone monitoring instruments have included TOMS, SBUV/2, Stratospheric Aerosol and Gas Experiment series of instruments, the Microwave Limb Sounder, the Ozone Monitoring Instrument, and the OMPS instrument on Suomi NPP.
What does MLS stand for?
MLS stands for Microwave Limb Sounder
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLS
We have 346 other meanings of MLS in our Acronym Attic
- Medium Long Shot (cinematography)
- Member and Leader Services (LDS Church)
- Meridian Life Science (Meridian Bioscience, Inc.; Memphis, TN)
- Metropolitan Library System (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
- Michigan Leukemia Society
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary (Saginaw, MI)
- Micro Logic Systems
- Microphthalmia with Linear Skin Defects
- Microwave Landing System
- Microwave Leasing Services (tower services firm located in Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, North Carolina)
- Microwave Scan Beam Landing System (NASA; space shuttle)
- Mid-Latitude Summer (meteorology)
- Mid-Line Shift
- Miles City, MT, USA - Miles City (airport code)
- Minimal Language Skills (clinical settings to describe clients who lack communication skills)
- Minimum Living Standard
- Missile Launching System
- Mobile Linux Software
Samples in periodicals archive:
A westward propagating wavenumber 1 disturbance with a period of 5-15 days in the summer hemisphere is observed using temperature data measured by the Microwave Limb Sounder (MLS) aboard the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) from 1992-1995.