May 1, 2009 Thales announced that its microwave landing system received UK approval for ground installations for Cat IIIb operations at London Heathrow.
What does MLS stand for?
MLS stands for Microwave Landing System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MLS
We have 344 other meanings of MLS in our Acronym Attic
- Medicare Levy Surcharge (Australia)
- Medium Long Shot (cinematography)
- Member and Leader Services (LDS Church)
- Meridian Life Science (Meridian Bioscience, Inc.; Memphis, TN)
- Messaging Layer Security (encryption)
- Metropolitan Library System (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
- Michigan Leukemia Society
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary (Saginaw, MI)
- Micro Logic Systems
- Microphthalmia with Linear Skin Defects
- Microwave Leasing Services (tower services firm located in Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, North Carolina)
- Microwave Limb Sounder
- Microwave Scan Beam Landing System (NASA; space shuttle)
- Mid-Latitude Summer (meteorology)
- Mid-Line Shift
- Miles City, MT, USA - Miles City (airport code)
- Minimal Language Skills (clinical settings to describe clients who lack communication skills)
- Minimum Living Standard
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mar 24, 2009 British Airways After a long trial period at London Heathrow, British Airways has gone fully operational with microwave landing system approaches there and hopes to eventually see the capability offered at Gatwick.
Apr 27, 2009 Thales Thales announced that its microwave landing system received UK approval for ground installations for Cat IIIb operations at London Heathrow.
Secondly in 1978, with the increase in airport congestion, a new technology was developed, the Microwave Landing System (MLS), which at that time was seen to be the successor to ILS.