Putting this chip into the switch used to build the two-tier interconnect network described above results in a latency of less than a microsecond, which, when added to an RDMA or ToE-supported NIC means a total latency of less than 10 microseconds.
What does µSEC stand for?
µSEC stands for Microsecond
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Microcoulomb (electrical measurement)
- Microfarad (unit of capacitance)
- micrograms per liter
- Microjoule (measurement of energy)
- Microlitre (0.000001 Litres)
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas
- Micro-Total Analysis System (biotechnology)
- Rural Address Designation (second character of postal code, Canada)
- Telephone Operator (US)
- 0%$ (zero percent financing)
- Wears Eyeglasses (emoticon)
- Emergency/Maximum Priority (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Emergency Services Number (AU)
- Alec Trevelyan (Goldeneye movie)
- Bond, James Bond (Ian Fleming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6 microns with a response time of 50 microseconds (.
Storage times of many microseconds represent a valuable step, says Claude Weisbuch of the Ecole Polytechnique in Palaiseau, France.
The lifetimes range from 10 microseconds to 100 milliseconds.
But researchers have now discovered that some of the antiprotons fired into a vat of liquid helium survive as long as 15 microseconds.