The term Core Based Statistical Area (CBSA) is a collective term for both metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas.
What does µSA stand for?
µSA stands for Micropolitan Statistical Areas
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Microcoulomb (electrical measurement)
- Microfarad (unit of capacitance)
- micrograms per liter
- Microjoule (measurement of energy)
- Microlitre (0.000001 Litres)
- Micro-Total Analysis System (biotechnology)
- Rural Address Designation (second character of postal code, Canada)
- Telephone Operator (US)
- 0%$ (zero percent financing)
- Wears Eyeglasses (emoticon)
- Emergency/Maximum Priority (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Emergency Services Number (AU)
- Alec Trevelyan (Goldeneye movie)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Micropolitan Statistical Areas have cores of at least 10,000, but fewer than 50,000, persons.
Metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas are geographic terms used by the U.
Data from the 2005 ACS are available for 761 counties, 436 congressional districts, 602 metropolitan and micropolitan statistical areas, all 50 states, and the District of Columbia.
The introduction of new Micropolitan Statistical Areas to recognize smaller communities located outside metropolitan areas.
They consist of one or more economic nodes--metropolitan or micropolitan statistical areas that serve as regional centers of economic activity--and the surrounding counties that are economically related to the nodes.
The 2000 standards and the latest population update have resulted in five counties being dropped from metropolitan statistical areas, while another 41counties that had been a part of a metropolitan statistical area have had their statistical status changed and are now components of micropolitan statistical areas.