The results throw new light on the workings of the so-called Microphthalmia-associated Transcription Factor MITF, that is not only connected to skin cancer, but also to a variety of hereditary diseases where the production of the skin pigment melanin is disturbed, and to certain aspects of ageing.
What does MITF stand for?
MITF stands for Microphthalmia-Associated Transcription Factor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MITF
We have 11 other meanings of MITF in our Acronym Attic
- Manchester Institute of Telematics and Employment Research (UK)
- Minnesota Interdisciplinary Training in Education Research (University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, MN)
- Michigan Industrial and Technology Education Society (formerly Michigan Industrial Education Society)
- Minority Introduction to Engineering and Science
- Moving Image Touring and Exhibition Service (UK)
- Michigan Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Marin Interfaith Task Force (California)
- MATTA (Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents) International Travel Fair
- Melbourne International Tap Festival (Australia)
- Membership Implementation Task Force (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)
- Mobile Internet Access Forum
- Most Important Thing(s) First
- Manhattan Information Technology Group (New York City, NY)
- Midwest Information Technology Group (Quincy, IL)
- Mind in the Gutter
- Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (Medtronic)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Gilbert and Sullivan Players
- Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities
- Mission in the Hills (band)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Heritage of the Arts of South Asia
Samples in periodicals archive:
Exposure of melanoma cells to naringenin resulted in morphological changes accompanied by the induction of melanocyte differentiation-related markers, such as melanin synthesis, tyrosinase activity, and the expression of tyrosinase and microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF).
The transcription factor binding to IGHM enhancer 3 (TFE3) protein belongs to a family of basic helix-loop-helix/leucine zipper transcription factors that also includes transcription factor EB (TFEB), transcription factor EC, and microphthalmia-associated transcription factor.