In it, EPA proposed a standard that would allow 12 micrograms of particulate matter per cubic meter and would retain the 24-hour reading at 35 micrograms per cubic meter.
What does ug stand for?
ug stands for Microgram (µg is more correct)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ug
We have 9 other meanings of ug in our Acronym Attic
- United Farm Women of Ontario (est. 1918)
- United Farm Workers Organizing Committee
- United Faculty of Washington State
- United Farm Workers Union (national labor organization)
- United Faculty of Western Washington (Western Washington University union; Bellingham, WA)
- University of New South Wales Foundation Year (Sydney, Australia)
- Utah Federation for Youth (est. 1980; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Ultra-Wideband Friendly Zone
- UWB (Ultra-Wide Bandwidth) Friendly Zone (Singapore)
- Geometrical Unsharpness
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rockwell Collins declared that it has been contracted by the AeroVironment for the supply of its MicroGRAM GPS receiver for the Wasp AE small unmanned aircraft system, bringing secure, jam-resistant GPS capability to a micro UAV for the first time.
In particular, women who could become pregnant should take 400 micrograms of folic acid every day to reduce the risk of neural tube birth defects like spina bifida.
Fine particulates in smoke blowing in from the 17-day-old Day Fire in Ventura County topped more than 130 micrograms per cubic meter in early afternoon, according to monitoring by the Antelope Valley Air Pollution Control District, which issued a health advisory warning people to stay indoors and limit prolonged exertion.
Further investigation has revealed that about 30 percent of wells in Bangladesh contain arsenic levels of more than 50 micrograms per liter ([micro]g/L) of water, and 5 to 10 percent of the country's wells test at levels of more than 300 micrograms per liter.