These include genes that influence the bacterium's ability to attach to surfaces and survival genes that increase tolerance to high acidity, low oxygen, UV light and antibiotics," said Dr Lisa Crossman, Microbial Genome Project Leader at TGAC.
What does MGP stand for?
MGP stands for Microbial Genome Project (US Department of Energy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGP
We have 112 other meanings of MGP in our Acronym Attic
- Marina de Guerra del Peru (Navy Military of Peru)
- Marshall Genuine Products (California)
- Maryland Green Party (political party)
- Maternal Grandparent (various organizations)
- Mathematics Genealogy Project (North Dakota State University)
- Matrix Gamma-Carboxyglutamic Acid
- Maximum Grilled Pirates (fantasy hockey league)
- Media Giraffe Project (est. 2005)
- Melodi Grand Prix (annual music competiton; Norway)
- Mercato del Giorno Prima (Italian: Day-Ahead Market)
Samples in periodicals archive:
More than 70 other microbial genome projects are under way; a regularly updated listing is available on the Internet (http://www.