Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a life threatening disorder characterized by thrombocytopenia, microangiopathic hemolytic anemia (MAHA) and less consistently with fever, renal involvement and neurological symptoms.
What does MAHA stand for?
MAHA stands for Microangiopathic Hemolytic Anemia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAHA
We have 39 other meanings of MAHA in our Acronym Attic
- Municipal Affairs & Housing (Canadian government)
- Museum of Art & History (various locations)
- Muslim Association of Hawaii
- Mutual Attraction Hormones
- My American Heart (band)
- My Ass Hurts
- Magnolia Arabian Horse Association, Inc.
- Maryland Arabian Horse Association
- Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance
- Michigan Amateur Hockey Association
- Mid Atlantic Hound Association (North Carolina)
- Minnesota Amateur Hockey Association
- Montana Amateur Hockey Association
- Mad As Hell And Not Taking It Anymore
- Magyar Hajózási Részvénytársaság (Hungarian shipping company)
- Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége
- Major Accidents Hazards Bureau
- Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Massachusetts Association of Health Boards
- Memphis Area Home Builders Association (Memphis, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a rare disorder characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, microthrombi, and multiorgan injury.
Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a disease of rapid onset characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, acute renal failure, thrombocytopenia, and various degrees of central nervous system complications that can result in chronic, irreversible renal dysfunction or death (Tzipori, Sheoran, Akiyoshi, Donohue-Rolfe, & Trachtman, 2004).
9]/L), microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, neurologic changes, and renal impairment, with the underlying inciting incident unknown.
To the Editor: Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a rare disorder characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, microthrombi, and multiorgan injury.
Thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA) is a form of systemic thrombosis with microangiopathic hemolytic anemia (MAHA), thrombocytopenia, and microthrombi formation within arterioles and capillaries.