NPGP would also include Metropolitan Medical Response System, Citizen Corps, Urban Search and Rescue and the Port and Transit Security Grant Programs, all of which tend to go to local authorities.
What does MMRS stand for?
MMRS stands for Metropolitan Medical Response System (formerly Metropolitan Medical Strike Team, MMST)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MMRS
We have 11 other meanings of MMRS in our Acronym Attic
- Major Market Retail Report (Kubas Consultants; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Mid Missouri Road Runners (running club)
- Mid-Michigan Railroad
- Minimum Monthly Revenue Requirement
- Mobile and Marine Robotics Research Centre (Ireland)
- Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Center
- Metabolic Magnetic Resonance Research and Computing Center (University of Pennsylvania)
- Macho Man Randy Savage
- Member of the Market Research Society (UK)
- Metrics Management Review System
- Mineral and Mining Reclamation Services
- Minority-Majority Relations Survey
- Mississippi Management and Reporting System
- Montana Motorcycle Rider Safety
- Multi-Purpose Multicast Routing and Scheduling
- Multispectral Medium Resolution Scanner
- Mcdowell Mountain Ranch Soccer Club (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Marine Mammal Rescue Team
- Mean Message Response Time (computing)
- Modified Miniature Receive Terminal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other DHS grants that may be reduced include: Operation Stonegarden, which gives money to border communities to enhance security; the metropolitan medical response system program, which seeks to boost municipalities' ability to respond to mass casualty events; and the citizen corps program, which helps bring community and government leaders together to coordinate emergency preparedness.
PEMA also manages the Greater Providence Metropolitan Medical Response System (GP-MMRS).
gov/); -- Protected Critical Infrastructure Information--encouragement to private industry to voluntarily share proprietary business information with DHS; and -- Metropolitan Medical Response System Program--program to enhance emergency preparedness systems.
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) also has requested $88 million to build partnerships between clinicians and the public health sector, as well as $50 million to increase the number of metropolitan medical response systems from 97 to 122.
The Central Massachusetts Emergency Medical Services and the Metropolitan Medical Response System were galvanized to plan how health-care providers, from first-responders in ambulances and firetrucks to doctors and nurses in hospitals and clinics, could cope with mass casualties.