Efficacy was proven in the Metoprolol CR/XL Randomized Intervention Trial in Congestive Heart Failure (MERIT-HF) (Lancet 1999;353: 2001-7).
What does MERIT-HF stand for?
MERIT-HF stands for Metoprolol CR/XL (Controlled Release/Extended Release) Randomized Intervention Trial in Chronic Heart Failure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Marine Corps Equipment Readiness Information Tool
- Materials & Energy Research Institute Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan)
- Medical Emergency Response Incident Team
- Method to Extend Research in Time (Award from the National Institutes of Health)
- Michigan Educational Research and Information Triad
- Military Exploitation of Reconnaissance and Intelligence Technology
- Missouri Emergency Response Identification Team
- Model Evaluation Requirements Integration Tool
- Modern Examination and Risk Identification Tool (software)
- Music Education Reaching Instrumental Talents (Chicago, IL, USA)
- Multicultural Education for Resource Issues Threatening Oceans
- Minority Ethnic Recruitment Information Training and Support (UK)
- Minerals and Energy Research Institute of Western Australia
- Mathematics Education Research Journal (Mathematics Education Research Group of Australia)
- Mutant of Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase
- Material Engineering Research Laboratory (UK)
- Merlin (bird species Falco columbarius)
- Microelectronics Research Laboratory (Rutgers University)
- Minimum Essential Requirements List
- Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory
Samples in periodicals archive:
By contrast, in the Metoprolol CR/XL Randomized Interventional Trial in Congestive Heart Failure (MERIT-HF) only the nondiabetic patients had a statistically significant reduction in mortality.
Luscher said questions of fairness arise from the "unfortunate" decision to use immediate-release metoprolol rather than the sustained-release metoprolol succinate that prolonged survival in the landmark Metoprolol CR/XL Randomized Intervention Trial in Congestive Heart Failure (MERIT-HF) trial.